Dear viewers, the postings in this blog are real life stories, experiences, testimonies, interviews,
human interest articles, pictures,news cuttings, motivational and inspirational messages and also poems.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama’s Love



MOTHERS are truly God’s greatest gift to mankind to showcase His loving kindness, comfort and encouragement towards us.

My mother, P.Indra from Penang who will turn 67 years old this year, has been a great strength to me and our entire family. She was there for me when I needed her most (in good and bad times). 

She gave all she could to educate, motivate and encourage me besides my two other younger brothers and a sister till we are successful in our own rights.  She never tires to serve us and always taught us to respect others and love one another.   

We’ve seen her working day and night to support our family financially alongside my father until we grew up and found our own jobs. She carried on doing several MLM businesses even after my father who was sick passed away few years ago.

When my father was suffering with diabetics and after his legs was amputated, she used to nurse him without murmuring until he passed away about three years later.  I know how she sacrificed a lot of things just to keep all of us happy. Her contributions to the entire family are an unending story. 

I would love to present this poem from the depth of my heart to my beloved mother.

Mama’s Love

When a child is born
Nine months of pain is gone;
Only tears remain,
Running through her cheeks
Not of fear but of everlasting joy

The moment she saw her baby
Soaked in her blood
The colour of love,
She trades her agony
With the bundle of joy,
A gift from above

So many questions
Runs through her mind
But she wakes with a new strength
Each time she hears the cry of her child

With determination, full of passion
She breast-feeds her new generation
As she watch the plant grow
From strength to strength
From birth to such a length

Oh mama, when you smile
The child laughs
When you speak
It moves the heart;
Your voice carries weight
And your love is not fake

Mama, when you are happy
The whole house is brightened up
But when you cry
No one knows why…
Your presence is full of fragrance
And your love is like a medicine

Mama, I love you!

Tribute to all mothers including my dearest wife, Josephine (mother to three precious kids) and also to future mothers. Blessed Mother’s Day! God bless you all abundantly.  Peace be unto you!

Mdm P.Indra with her grandchildren
Kumarathevan Balakrishnan

No comments:

Post a Comment